Are you passionate about agriculture, the environment, social justice, and public policy? The California Climate & Agriculture Network (CalCAN) is seeking a Director of Communications & Partnerships (ideal start date: May 1). Learn more and apply.
The Director of Communications & Partnerships (“Director”) is primarily responsible for managing CalCAN’s strategic communications and partnership engagement, which is fundamental to our ability to advance impactful and transformative agricultural solutions to the climate crisis. The Director is a member of CalCAN’s management team along with the Policy Director and Executive Director. Together, the management team is responsible for developing CalCAN’s policy initiatives, for coordinating an integrated strategy to advance them, and for ensuring the financial health of the organization. The Director reports to the Executive Director.
- Demonstrated interest in and familiarity with sustainable agriculture and/or climate change, and a commitment to social justice
- Minimum of three years of experience leading coalitions or networks and/or organizing policy campaigns
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Experience utilizing communications tools and traditional and social media in an advocacy setting
- Some experience supervising staff, interns or volunteers
- Self-directed, entrepreneurial and collaborative work style
- Detail-oriented and highly organized with strong project management skills and the ability to stay on deadline while managing multiple projects
Location: The Director must be located in California, with the option of working remotely or being based in our Sacramento office.
Salary & Benefits: CalCAN offers competitive non-profit salary and benefits. This position is a full time, non-exempt position that offers excellent benefits including generous vacation, health, dental, and long-term disability insurance. Salary will be dependent on qualifications and experience, within the range of $70,000 to $75,000.
Application Process: Please submit a resume, a recent writing sample (five pages maximum), a cover letter highlighting your experience and skills relevant to the listed qualifications, and 3-5 references (whom we will not contact without notifying you). If possible, use this Google Form link to submit your application. If for any reason that presents a barrier, feel free to email your materials to [email protected]. Applications will be accepted until a suitable candidate is identified. The ideal start date is May 1, 2022.