Food Action Plan Goals activated:
1. Priority Goal 6: Support the development of neighborhood networks of volunteers to provide peer-to-peer education and empowerment to food insecure community members to improve their health.
- CalFresh Application Assistors/Advocae and Basic Needs Peer Advisors on each Higher Education campus “providing peer-to-peer education and empowerment”
2. Goal 8: Integrate food literacy into all school campus cultures—including in-school and out-of school programs—throughout Santa Barbara County.
- All of our campuses are doing a lot of this work!
- Also integrating this through the same peer advisors/events doing CalFresh outreach
3. Goal 11: Increase affordability and accessibility to healthy, safe, environmentally-sound, locally grown food for all residents of Santa Barbara County
- Increased access to CalFresh and use of Market Match
- Align data collection efforts on food and housing security data across higher education institutions.
- Align data collection efforts on food and housing security of higher education students with other agencies that collect data on higher education students.
- Expand CalFresh enrollment of higher education students
- Bring Restaurant Meals Program (RMP) for CalFresh to SB County