The Cuyama Valley Food Action Network (CVFAN) works to develop an equitable, engaging, and resilient food system via collaboration, resource sharing, and educational opportunities available both within the Valley as well as throughout Santa Barbara County. CVFAN will catalyze increased and sustainable small farmer/rancher food production for Cuyama Valley/local consumption through:
- Generating market incentives/increased demand;
- Promoting sound stewardship of the Valley’s fragile landscapes with water efficient, climate smart and environmentally friendly technologies and practices;
- Creating sustainable economic prosperity for small farmers, ranchers, and businesses;
- Improving overall food access; and
- Creating a greater sense of community within our rural community.